Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Quotes - Confucius

  • I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
  • Virtue is not left to stand alone. He who practices it will have.
  • If you enjoy what you do, you’ll never work another day in your life.
  • Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.
  • The superior man is firm in the right way, and not merely firm.
  • A fool despises good counsel, but a wise man takes it to heart.
  • Silence is a friend who will never betray.
  • Ignorance is the night of mind, a night without moon or star.
  • They must often change who would be constant in happiness or wisdom.
  • Wherever you go, go with all your heart.
  • To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.

No comments: