Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Quotes - Religion and LDS

  • Don’t ask the Lord to guide your footsteps until you’re willing to move your feet.
  • I believe in Christ as I believe in the rising sun-not that I can see it, but that by it I can see everything.
  • When we lose God it is not God that is lost.
  • Dearest Children, God Is Near You
  • As a mother stills her child, Thou canst hush the ocean wild; Boisterous waves obey thy will When thou sayest to them, “Be still!”
  • Be still, my soul
  • Because I have been given much, I too must give
  • All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful, The Lord God made them all.
  • I would rather walk with God in the dark than go alone in the light.
  • Cast all your cares on God; that anchor holds.
  • In God I have put my trust: I will not fear what flesh can do unto me.
  • Prayers go up, blessings come down.
  • God does notice us, and He watches over us. But it is usually through another person that He meets our needs.
  • God gave us free agency, and then gave us commandments to keep us free.
  • God has two dwellings: one in heaven, and the other in a meek and thankful heart.
  • Don’t let your troubles get you down, unless it’s down on your knees.
  • It’s hard to stumble when you’re on your knees.
  • We are born for a higher destiny than that of earth.
  • Begin to be now what you will be hereafter.
  • Those who leave us are welcomed by others.
  • Praise Him that He died for men: Praise Him that He rose again.
  • Behold, he that hath eternal life is rich.
  • It is not permitted for us to know everything.
  • Have courage for the great sorrows of life, and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.
  • God is the silent partner in all great enterprises.
  • I have lived, seen God’s hand through a lifetime, and all was for the best.
  • Life is fragile-handle with prayer.
  • If a clock proves the existence of a clockmaker, and the world does not prove the existence of a Supreme Architect, then I consent to be called a fool.
  • God reveals himself unfailingly to the thoughtful seeker.
  • God is greater than your greatest need.
  • The future is no more uncertain than the present.
  • Pray as though everything depended on the Lord. Then get up and go about it as though everything depended upon you.
  • Prayer is the key to the day and the lock of the night.
  • He who has ceased to pray has lost a great friendship.
  • One week without prayer makes one weak.
  • Prayer keeps a man from sin, and sin keeps a man from prayer.
  • Cast thy burden on the Lord and He shall sustain thee.
  • Conscience is the link that binds your soul to the spirit of God.
  • Follow the Prophet
  • Choose the Right
  • CTR
  • Do a good turn daily
  • Follow the Prophet
  • When the Lord commands, I do it!
  • Living right is like shaving-no matter how good you do it today, you’ll still have to do it again tomorrow.
  • Let us be silent, that we may hear the whisper of God. –Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Christ, The center of our home, a guest at every meal, and a silent listener to every conversation.
  • Remember who you are-remembering who you are changes what you do.
  • Ask and it shall be given, Seek and ye shall find, Knock and it shall be opened unto you
  • Where much is given, much is required.
  • I need thee every hour, most gracious Lord.
  • Be still and know that I am God.
  • The Lord doesn’t ask about our inabilities or abilities. He only asks about our availabilities. If we show our dependability, He will help us with the rest!
  • Be careful how you act. You may be the only standard work people may read.
  • Why do I do what I do, when I know what I know?
  • Missionary PHD: Prayer Humility Diligence
  • In the service of the Lord, it is not where but how you serve.
  • Dare to be a Mormon, Dare to stand alone, Dare to have a purpose-Dare to make it known.
  • Count Your Blessings
  • Father, all my heart I give thee; All my service shall be thine,
    Guide me as I search in weakness; Let thy loving light be mine.
  • Oh, give me thy sweet Spirit still, The peace that comes alone from thee,
  • The faith to walk the lonely road That leads to thine eternity.
  • Did you think to pray?
  • Let us oft speak kind words to each other
  • Called to Serve
  • Then, at length, when I’ve completed all you sent me forth to do, Let me come and dwell with you.
  • Love at Home
  • Families can be together forever
  • I am a Child of God
  • Teach me to walk in the light of his love…
  • Sweet is the Work
  • Keep the Commandments
  • Jesus once was a little child…
  • I’m trying to be like Jesus
  • I love to see the temple-I’m going there someday
  • We do not have to see to know the wind is near, We do not have to see to know that God is near.
  • I can’t wait until I’m eight!
  • I love to read the scriptures
  • Seek the Lord Early
  • Search, Ponder and Pray
  • I believe in being honest, I believe in being true,
    Honesty should start with me in all I say, in all I do.
  • Kindness begins with me
  • I’ll be a Sunbeam for Him
  • I am like a star shining brightly…
  • A young man prepared…
  • When there is a task to do, Do it with a smile. Do more than you are asked to do and go the second mile.
  • I hope they call me on a mission!
  • Even the Lord does not propose to judge a man until the end of his days
  • Always Remember Him
  • There is no obstacle too great, no challenge too difficult, if we have faith.
  • Never let a day pass that you will have cause to say, I will do better tomorrow.
  • Stand a little taller
  • Stand ye in holy places
  • Stand as a Witness
  • Faith, Divine Nature, Individual Worth, Knowledge, Choice and Accountability, Good Works & Integrity
  • God does not consult your past to dictate your future.
  • Prayer is for every moment of our lives, not just for times of suffering or joy.
  • We cannot be saved until we have risen above all our enemies, not the least of which is ignorance.- Joseph Smith
  • Through humble prayer, diligent preparation, and faithful service, we can succeed in our sacred callings. –Thomas S. Monson
  • The mighty oak tree was once a little nut that held its ground.
  • It's not so much what happens to us but how we deal with what happens to us. –James E. Faust
  • When was anything really worthwhile easy? –Richard G. Scott
  • The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.
  • A missionary leaves his family for two years, so that those he teaches may be with their families forever.
  • When obedience ceases to be an irritant and becomes our quest, then God will endow us with power from on high. –Ezra Taft Benson
  • So frequently we mistakenly believe that our children need more things, when in reality their silent pleadings are simply for more of our time. –Thomas S. Monson
  • God promises a safe landing, not a calm passage. If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.
  • Each of us should remember that he or she is a son or daughter of God, endowed with faith, gifted with courage, and guided by prayer. –Thomas S. Monson
  • Indeed, nothing is more critically connected to happiness—both our own and that of our children—than how well we love and support one another within the family. –M. Russell Ballard

No comments: